Greetings AKAA Family!!!
Blow some air through those horns, tickle those ivories, and warm up those vocal cords because before you know it, the Auburn Knights faithful will be gathering in Auburn to celebrate 91 years of the Auburn Knights Orchestra! We are currently on track to host our 2021 AKAA gathering at the Auburn Marriott Opelika Resort & Spa at Grand National from Wednesday, July 7, 2021 to Sunday, July 11, 2021. I CAN’T WAIT!!!
Before I get too far ahead of myself, we’re still dealing with COVID-19 and the realities of a global pandemic. In that regard, Lee County, Alabama has reached “LOW RISK” status. Face masks and social distancing are still recommended but “large gatherings and venues are allowed with increased hygiene measures, physical distancing, face coverings, and symptom monitoring.” Alabama Governor Kay Ivey recently issued her twenty-sixth supplemental emergency proclamation transitioning the state from an amended Safer at Home Order to a new Safer Apart Order, the third phase of COVID-19 pandemic health orders. Masks will no longer be mandated statewide, but people are strongly encouraged to wear masks or other facial coverings when in public and in close contact with others. Your AKAA Board is hopeful current restrictions will ease even more as state vaccination rates improve. We’ll remain vigilant and let you know immediately of any changes to our reunion plans. Until then, WE’RE HAVING A REUNION!!!
For those needing lodging, I encourage you to make your reservations at the Marriott. You can do that as follows:
Option 1 – Reservation URL (click here) Book your group rate for Auburn Knights Reunion 2021
Option 2 – call the Auburn Opelika Marriott direct to 1 334-741-9292
- Pre-registration for the reunion can be done online. Go to https://auburnknightsalumni.org/reunion/#registration
- The era bands are being organized right now and we need you on the stage and in a seat. The 60s band needs trumpets!! If you’re interested, contact Steve Means at email@example.com
- Regarding the alumni era bands, we are introducing a new era band this year, the 2000-10s group. This is very exciting to know some of our long lost alumni are coming home to the loveliest plains for the annual reunion.
- We are having a special Singer Showcase for the Saturday afternoon matinee performance and need all vocalists on deck. Please let Fritz Siler (firstname.lastname@example.org) know ASAP if you would like to perform. There will be rehearsals.
- Donations are needed! The AKAA general fund relies on donations to fund the reunion and the scholarship(s) we award each year. Your donation is tax deductible since we are a 501(c)3 non-profit. You can make donations via the AKAA website at https://auburnknightsalumni.org/akaa-donations/
Spread the word! We miss you and are excited to see you again in July. After what we’ve all experienced over the past year, a weekend of great big band jazz will be wonderful and overdue therapy. Let’s make the 2021 AKAA Comeback Reunion awesome!
Long Live the Knights,
Joe Daughtry, President